Midwest Data Recovery International Service Coverage
Midwest Data Recovery Inc. provides some specific capabilities on an international basis, primarily to Asia, UK, Germany and Australia.
The relative ease and affordability of shipping small packages internationally as well as fast and reliable communications by email and phone make it relatively easy to extend technology expertise and special skills in RAID System and tape recovery to Asia. These services are provided through the California lab.
Data Recovery Process:
- Telephone or email consultation to identify the problem and determine next steps.
- If the decision is to proceed, then contact, system, failure, and target data information is entered into the online tracking system.
- Typically, the tape, RAID System or Network Attached Storage System is shipped through an experienced international shipper. This helps to avoid customs problems.
- After being logged into the lab, the goal is to complete the evaluation within 24 hours.
- The evaluation is free for RAID Systems and Network Attached Storage Systems. Due to the linear nature of tape and the significant time required for an evaluation, there is an evaluation fee of $250 per tape. Tape is the only exception to the free evaluation.
- No Data, No Charge, if we can't get your data, there is no charge.
- If we can get your data, we'll give you a firm fixed price quote by fax or email.. If you decide not to proceed, there is no charge. If you decide to proceed, simply sign the quote and fax back. Your signature is our authorization to proceed.
- In the recovery process, we always do a mirror copy of the data. We never work directly on the data itself.
- Typical recovery time is 5-7 days.
- Data generally is returned by CD or multiple CDs. Other options are on a drive or as FTP files.
Overall, the process is easy and works smoothly. It's almost as easy as within the U.S. except for occasional customs delays.
RUSH PRIORITY service is another option. It's fast with recovery possible within 48-72 hours after authorization to proceed (although it can be more.) A combination of international air shipping, dedicated lab and technician time and the ability to return data online makes it a viable option if you need to get your data back quickly.
For these services, contact a Midwest representative at 866 786 2595.